Site Reliability Engineer
Gi Group HR Solutions
Field of work:
On behalf of our client, an international company, from gambling industry, we are looking for an experienced and proactive professional to fill in the following position Site Reliability Engineer
- Keeping all customer-facing systems running smoothly while applying sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation;
- Providing first-line support and shift rotation in order to respond to the performance incidents;
- Searching for potential issues and preventing incidents by debugging production issues across all levels of the application stack;
- Improving the software deployment process to make it as reliable as possible while engaging with software developers;
- Working on continuous enhancement of monitoring and alerting and focus on symptoms and not on outages;
- Participating in post-incident reviews, documenting findings and automation of self-healing jobs in order to reduce MTTR.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field;
- At least 7 years of experience in IT Infrastructure or software development;
- Good understanding of the Linux Shell for administration and troubleshooting;
- Experience with the usage of configuration management systems like Chef, Ansible, Puppet;
- Previously worked with Ruby, Go, Python;
- Demonstrable experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies;
- Ability to use GitLab;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Grafana, application performance monitoring and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark);
- Passion for working on system uptime and performance - exploring edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations, etc;
- Good command of the English language.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact us Gi Group Serbia
Back to job opportunities