Corporate Tax Vice President
Gi Group HR Solutions
Field of work:
Required sections in CV:
- Work experience
- Computer skills
- Attachment CV
Gi Group HR Solutions d.o.o. as a leader in the region and part of Gi Group, prestigious and one of the leading consulting companies in the field of human resources, is able to offer comprehensive solutions in all areas of human resources management. We provide recruitment and selection services under our brand Wyser.
On behalf of our client, successful fast-growing company Black Rock, we are looking for an experienced and proactive professional to fill in the following position: Corporate Tax Vice President.
BlackRock is one of the world’s pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance, to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
This role will be based in Belgrade within the EMEA Corporate Tax team.
The EMEA Corporate Tax team has staff in London, Edinburgh, and Belgrade, and is responsible for all corporate tax matters relevant to BlackRock’s operations in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA). The team’s broad remit includes strategic projects and M&A work, providing operational and advisory support to our Global Tax team in New York as well as to internal business stakeholders, and managing relationships and tax controversy work with tax authorities in the region.
The EMEA Corporate Tax team ensures all annual tax compliance and reporting obligations across the region are met. We work closely with other regional Finance and Tax teams, as well as Treasury, Legal and Compliance teams, to deliver cross functional key strategic projects and operational value, in the spirit of One BlackRock.
· Ensure all corporate income tax (CIT) returns and associated filings for allocated to the individual and to their reports (if any) be done on a timely and accurate basis, independently managing output from tax advisors and other internal stakeholders. Currently the returns relate to corporate entities located in countries such as Serbia, France, Germany, and Ireland, as amongst others
· Assist with the EMEA corporate tax payment process if required to ensure timely payment of all corporate tax liabilities, with assistance and advice from external tax advisors if necessary
· Lead on the preparation of the monthly US GAAP Tax provisions for EMEA entities and associated reporting to ensure this is done on an accurate and timely basis. This will involve preparing and/or reviewing various tax provision workings for ultimate approval by the final review in the EMEA Corporate tax team and ensuring journals are posted on time at month end
· Preparation and/or review of various USGAAP reporting requirements including EMEA ETR forecasting, tax balance sheet account reconciliations and cash taxes reporting
· Preparation and/or review of annual statutory tax reporting requirements and quarterly regulatory submissions for all allocated entities on a timely and accurate basis
· Independently engage with and manage CIT queries relating to allocated work from stakeholders, whether these are from internal (other teams), external advisers, local tax authorities, or auditors, etc.
· Ownership of non-standard tax compliance matters where necessary involving countries within the individual’s remit, such corporate tax technology development, withholding tax-based compliance, and ad hoc assistance with tax controversy matters
· Experience in reviewing and preparing CIT returns and calculations in the EMEA region
· High level of technical proficiency in Excel and General Ledger applications, preferably knowledge of Oracle
· Be highly organised, have a strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple work-streams with delivery to agreed deadlines essential
· Be a self-starter and good communicator, able to work independently but also exercising sound business judgement to escalate issues where necessary
· Pro-active, highly numerate, be quick learner and a team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility and ownership of allocated work
· Knowledge of current CIT legislation and issues beneficial
· CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with a strong academic record or Tax Exam qualified. Will also consider candidates with strong practical Tax experience
· Experience preferably in Financial Services (Asset Management in particular) is beneficial, but not essential
This role offers a wealth of opportunity to develop knowledge of tax regimes within the EMEA region and US GAAP, IFRS and local territory tax accounting, from a global financial services perspective. There will also be opportunity to gain understanding and receive tax technical training on global tax issues from senior members of the EMEA Corporate Tax team. The successful candidate will have access to a comprehensive network of external local tax advisors across EMEA to build on their EMEA tax compliance knowledge.
The broad range of entities across the region will allow a successful candidate to take on a varied workload with the option to increase complexity as they build their experience in the team.
Additionally, the successful candidate will gain exposure to complex tax issues and will involve regular interaction with senior management globally, as well as exposure to other areas of BlackRock’s finance and business. Further, due to the Corporate Tax team’s wide remit of responsibilities across the region, there is opportunity for the successful candidate to become involved and gain experience with M&A and restructuring projects, complex modelling for transactions, and other ongoing project work.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact us Gi Group Serbia
Back to job opportunities